Please see below for Allsorts confidentiality and safeguarding policy, abstracted from our policy handbook.
These policies are reviewed every three years and are due to be reviewed in 2019.
Safeguarding Lead: Ryan Gingell
Deputy Safeguarding Lead: Billijean Summerbell
KEY SAFEGUARDING INFORMATION
• All staff, community volunteers and trustees trained every 2 years (Safety Net, local safeguarding charity and BHCC online courses).
• All staff, community volunteers and trustees DBS on induction and every three years thereafter.
• Safeguarding a standing item in front line team supervision and case studies discussed on team days.
• Both front line team managers have undertaken Safeguarding Lead training.
• Project Manager, and Safeguarding Lead for the project, due to attend 2 day NSPCC Designated Safeguarding Officer in March 2019 (training includes legal background, barriers to disclosure, allegations against staff, child protection process and reporting).
• Children and young people service users have safeguarding and confidentiality explained to them when they are inducted and sign a confidentiality agreement at entry to the project. Age appropriate explanations of confidentiality policy offered to under 12’s.
• Young people reminded of confidentiality when accessing emotional support.
• Safeguarding Lead is kept up to date with safeguarding issues through Brighton & Hove local community and voluntary sector e-network and from Local Safeguarding Children Board (LSCB) updates, attendance at conferences and multi-agency information sharing.
• Safeguarding Lead disseminates important Safeguarding updates to staff team.
• All safeguarding concerns are recorded on Record of Concern forms, signed off by Safeguarding Lead and kept in a confidential file separate to young people’s files.
• Risk assessments done before every group, offsite trip and residential.
• Child risk assessments shared in multi-agency context.
• Young people are risk assessed at point of entry/induction and a written risk assessment done, if appropriate.
• Risk assessments are signed off by staff.
Click the button below for more information on confidentiality & safeguarding here at Allsorts.