Who Are Allsorts?
Allsorts is a project based in Brighton to support and empower young people under 26 who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans* or unsure (LGBTU) of their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
What We Offer
- Weekly Drop-In on Tuesday evenings between 5.30pm and 8.30pm, which includes games, art activities, workshops and A-Sorted, a health & well-being programme.
- Male Matters (aged 16-25 men’s group)
- No Dress Code (aged 16-25 women’s group)
- Transformers (aged 16-25 trans group)
- Bi Brighton (aged 16-25 bi/pan/queer group)
- Parents Group for parents/carers of LGBTU young people
- TAG (16’s and under group)
- Trans TAG (under 13′s trans group)
- TAGformers (aged 13-16 trans group)
- Volunteer programme and an LGBT youth volunteering programme, called Young People’s Voice (YPV)
- Telephone, email and one to one support to LGBTU young people.
- Homophobia/biphobia/transphobia awareness training for staff at schools, colleges, youth services and other statutory and community organisations.
- Trained peer educators help run LGBT Youth Awareness workshops for young people at local schools, colleges and youth projects.
- Teen To Adult Personal Advisor (TAPA) one to one sessions.
This website tells you about our services, tries to answer any questions you may have and has lots of resources that hopefully you will find useful.
Allsorts Youth Project supports and empowers lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans young people to take a lead in raising awareness of homophobia, biphobia and transphobia and challenge prejudice and discrimination in all areas of young people’s lives.
We asked our young people to let us know what words spring to mind when they think of Allsorts. The word cloud above shows what they came up with.
Thank you to our weekly sponsors
A huge thank you to Moshimo for providing food for young people at our drop-in and groups.