Would you like to get involved in youth volunteering? There are four main volunteering opportunities we have on offer:
- LGBTU Campaigning: Help to develop and run annual and mini campaigns around a specific issue and linking in with national and international campaigns.
- LGBTU Fundraising and Events Organising: Help to organise and run events and fundraising activities throughout the year.
- LGBTU Peer Educators: Help design and deliver anti-homophobia, biphobia, transphobia workshops to young people in schools, colleges and other youth settings.
- LGBTU Peer Supporters: Support other LGBTU young people through buddying.
Getting involved in Youth Volunteering – FAQs
Who can volunteer?
To volunteer you must be between the ages of 16 and 25 and identify as either lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans or unsure of your sexual orientation and/or gender identity.
We welcome young people from all backgrounds and endeavor to make sure our volunteering opportunities are accessible.
How long do I have to volunteer for?
You can either volunteer on a regular basis for several months or just get involved in a one-off event or activity. It’s up to you how much time you commit. Volunteering with us is completely flexible.
What support is available to youth volunteers?
– All volunteers receive an induction and/or training to prepare you for your volunteer role.
– Allsorts will pay for your travel and in some cases lunch expenses when you are volunteering.
– All volunteers can access other Allsorts groups and 121 support at any stage.
How do I get involved?
If you would like to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01273 721211