- GIRES (Gender Identity Research and Education Society) website is a great place for families to find out info about gender identity http://www.gires.org.uk/.
GIRES has also prepared the publication for the Department of Health titled ‘Medical care for gender variant children and young people: answering families questions’
- PFLAG has created a ‘Our Trans Loved Ones: Questions and Answers for Parents, Families, and Friends of People Who Are Transgender and Gender Expansive’
- Depend has a useful website with information, support and news for parents/families of trans people.
- Gendered Intelligence ‘A Guide for Parents and Family Members of Trans People in the UK’
- LGBT Youth Scotland Dad, I’ve got something to tell you
- LGBT Youth Scotland Family Ties: a guide for parents who have LGBT children
- NHS LGBT Parent Carers
- Stonewall Support your Child
- FFLAG (Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) A Guide for Family and Friends
- LGBTQ Carers Support Group Offers a safe space to talk, share experiences, get information