Do You Love Numbers? Treasurer Needed!January 18th, 2017 by Freya
Allsorts Youth Project is looking for a new Trustee to fill the position of Treasurer!
We need someone who finds hard sums easy and who loves explaining them to people who find hard sums difficult (viz..the rest of us!).
We would like you to have some financial management/accounts background and be prepared to come to trustee meetings 6 times a year on Tuesday evenings between 6.30-8.30.
You main task will be to read our quarterly management accounts report to the trustees, and be able to explain it to them, and answer any questions, in a clear and easily understood way. You’ll be supported by a fantastic bookkeeper and accountant and work with our Director on setting and managing the budget.
The trustees are all enthusiastic and brilliant and our meetings sparkle with friendly disputations.
In more detail, the role is:
- To liaise with Project Director and the Finance Worker around finance at Allsorts.
- To monitor the financial administration of the charity and report to the Board in compliance with the governing document.
- To oversee the charity’s financial risk-management process.
- To act as a counter signatory on applications to funders.
- The oversee and present budgets, internal quarterly management accounts and annual financial statements to the Board.
- To write a preface to the annual financial report and lead the presentation of accounts to the AGM.
- To ensure that proper accounting records are kept.
- To chair any finance sub-committee as appropriate and report back to the MC.
- To oversee the implementation of and monitoring of financial systems/controls.
- To advise and input to the financial sections of the charity’s strategic plan.
If you are interested, in the first instance, please email email@example.com with a covering letter explaining why you’d like to apply for this role and detailing, briefly, any relevant experience you have!
We look forward to hearing from you!